Lughnasadh Celebrations For the Solitary Witch
Happy Lughnasadh Witchy babes! Lughnasadh is one of the Greater Sabbaths that represents the start of Harvest season. Regardless of whether you consider yourself a Wiccan, Pagan or Agnostic, you can celebrate it if you please! Most covens will have a set ritual and celebration planned. For solitary witches, here are some things you can do to celebrate Lughnasadh:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Lughnasadh (Loo-na-sah) celebrations are full of good food and dancing, but if you want to sit back and chill, that's cool too. Pick up your favorite bottle of spirits (or tea ) and relax out to our Harvest Season Playlist. Sign up for SoundCloud Go to hear all tracks. It's free for 30 days. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Paint your nails yellow, throw on your favorite yellow Summer dress and vow to be optimistic for the day. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Eat some cake! Cake and Ale traditionally follow rituals done at Sabbats.
4. Turn off the lights, light some yellow candles, grab a bowl of 🍿 and watch some witchy (and totally inaccurate) films - Netflix has been stepping their game up lately. There's The Worst Witch (which is kiddie but super cute), Salem, The Craft 😏, The Magicians, Charmed, Witches: A century of Murder (looks to be historically correct but we haven't seen it in full, so let us know if you do), The Vampire Diaries (don't give us the side-eye), AHS: Coven, The Secret Circle, and The Crucible.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Make some harvest themed art, music, or poetry.⠀
6. Bathe in a tub full of chamomile and roses. I⠀
7. Bake a loaf of bread in honor of the "cutting of the grain" or "consecration of bread" rituals said to be a part of the celebration. ⠀
8. Make a wreath in honor of the Celtic Sun God Lugh and to the Harvest Queen. ⠀
9. Go to your local farmers market and buy yellow and orange fruits and veggies to honor the harvest by nourishing your body.
10. Take this time to practice breath work and deep meditation.
Put your wands/spell books away because there's no need for magick today, it's all about celebrating !!!