My Full Moon Ritual
It took me a while to come up with a full moon ritual that I felt comfortable with. You see, the thing is...I don't like strict rules, so the idea of a "ritual" sometimes bothers me, so I use the term loosely here. I don't like anything set in stone that doesn't give me the flexibility to use my emotions and go with my intuition. With that said, my full moon ritual does change from time to time. What works for me is not necessarily going to work for you but I thought I'd share my current full moon routine.
- Turn off all electronics. Set your cell phone on airplane mode. If you need to set a timer for your meditation that is fine but it's probably best to just let your body tell you when you're done meditating.
- Light some sage and bless your altar and the items/tools/totems you will use.
- Set up your altar. What I place on my altar ultimately depends on how I'm feeling and what I want to manifest for the next month. See a list of things I recently used in my altar here.
- Once my altar is setup I turn off the lights and light 8 candles (that I have placed on my altar) then I take out my iPad and find some soothing music to play to set the mood.
- Take out a white sheet of paper and write down all the things you want to manifest in the upcoming month. Write whatever you want. Here are some examples of things I've written before: free borders for all, love and compassion for my fellow man, self-love and compassion for myself, lose 5 lbs, health and happiness for my family.
- Once you're done writing on your sheet of paper, layout a yoga mat or a meditation cushion. You'll want to sit and meditate on what you've written. Think of the meditation as a prayer of sorts. You are meditating on manifesting your intentions into reality.
- Sit for as long as you feel. If you're new to meditation set a 10 min timer on your cell phone.
- Once you're done meditating, fold up the piece of paper and place it in the middle of the grid you've made and place the selenite pyramid on top of it to hold it down.
- That's it! Your intentions are sent out to the universe through the wind.